- job search
- < < Back to search
IT Support Engineer£25000 Location: Crowborough, East Sussex Ref: 5419SH
Sussex Recruitment seek an IT Support Engineer, (either a Graduate or at least that level of experience) to work within their clients support team. You will deal with a range of software and hardware technologies. This is a dedicated support team who provide both telephone support from the office and on-site visits to their customers throughout the country.
The successful applicant will form a key part of the 2nd line support group.
- Provide remote technical assistance to existing customers regarding their system application suite (desktop and mobile), hardware and network infrastructure.
- Provide on-site technical assistance and training to existing customers
- Desktop PC and Server installation and configuration
- Server and Workstation hardware and software diagnostics and repair
- Client, server and network security management
- SQL database administration
- Multi-site LAN and WAN configuration and support
- Magento web-site support
This is a full-time hands-on technical role and provides an excellent opportunity to expand your practical IT knowledge whilst working within a motivated friendly team.
- Although training is provided, experience of Microsoft client\server environments, Microsoft SQL and networking technologies would be an advantage.
- The role is customer facing and requires good communication skills with excellent spoken English.
- The graduate IT Support Engineer will be bright, driven and energetic with a passion for technology.
- The right candidate should have a computing or sciences degree, either being a recent graduate or with up to 3 years’ experience within an IT role.
- The role includes work in the offices and at customer sites, which can require overnight stays.
- Experience with web technologies, and in particular working with the Magento platform, beneficial but not essential.
- Good communication skills.
- Driving licence & car (for customer site visits).
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly.
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn’t always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities.
register with us
If you would like to register with us, please send your CV and provide some information about the type of role you are looking for, together with salary expectation, notice period, driver or non driver and whether you are looking for permanent or temporary opportunities.