- job search
- < < Back to search
Manufacturing Engineering & CI Mgr£45k - £50k DOE Location: Hastings, East Sussex Ref: 245419 SG
To lead the Manufacturing Engineering function and drive systemic improvements in methods, machinery and processes to deliver sustainable quality and cost benefit to business and customers
- Lead the Continuous Improvement function across site and embed CI practices into site via engagement and hands on leadership
- To manage and prioritise the workload of the Toolroom, CI, Manufacturing Engineering and Estimating functions to ensure these meet production priorities and support delivering excellent customer service
- Develop, optimise and stabilise existing production processes and create culture of continual improvement in processes
- To work with the Design Engineering Department and Project Managers to ensure the timely and cost-effective introduction of new products using DFM, Simultaneous Engineering, and FMEA tools as appropriate, ensuring projects are launched in production ready state
- To ensure high levels of responsiveness and permanent solutions to shop floor problems
- Create and deliver a vigorous programme of cost reduction initiatives
- Manage and control the budget.
- Manage high levels of routings standards accuracy in support of correct product costs, accurate efficiency reporting and capacity management.
- Determine the training and development needs of the team.
- Maintain target levels of 5S workplace organisation
- Observe Health & Safety regulations as per company procedures and Government Legislation.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND BACKGROUND EXPERIENCE:
- Relevant degree in an engineering or associated discipline
- Demonstrable record of delivering change and transformation in manufacturing
- Strong leader able to lead via engagement and example
- Manager with a proven track record in an engineering or manufacturing environment
- In-depth understanding of Lean Manufacturing techniques, 8D, 5S, Cell design and quick change over.
- 5S Black belt or other recognized CI qualification
- Hands on experience with CNC machines, molding machines and tool rooms
- ERP system experience required, strong knowledge of Excel and MS Project
- Confident in analysing data and presenting findings to senior management
- Applicants must have full working rights for the UK / EU. ITAR restrictions may apply (can discuss upon application)
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn’t always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities.
register with us
If you would like to register with us, please send your CV and provide some information about the type of role you are looking for, together with salary expectation, notice period, driver or non driver and whether you are looking for permanent or temporary opportunities.